Friday, June 13, 2008

Veggies

This is the first year that I have tried to grow a garden on my own. In the past I babysat my Grandpa's garden when he worked out of town, but he had done all of the initial work and I just had to water, weed and pick the goodies. I planted tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, zucchini and yellow squash. Currently everything is growing and alive. The cucumbers and peppers are even flowering. The only problem is that all of my plants are half the size or less of my Grandpa's plants. I actually planted the exact same tomatoes as my Grandpa (he grew them from seed), and his are at least three times as big as mine. My Grandpa has spent the last several years perfecting his soil with a combination of loam, goat manure and special ingredients that he won't divulge. If anybody has a magic fertilizer, drop some off at my house and I will happily repay you in super vegetables.

1 comment:

Littau family said...

New nickname: "Farmer Jed" - Courtesy of Mike