Friday, June 13, 2008

Competitions

I admit it, I essentially started this blog in order to compete in the blogger olympics. For some reason if someone (usually Mike) suggests a competition I always want to join in. Unfortunately I am not taking part in the other contests right now such as weight loss and etc. I think the reason I have avoided the other contests is that while Mike's favorite team, the Giants, is mired in sucktitude my favorite team, Lakers, is in the Finals. Basically I currently have other things to do, such as swear at the referees, yell at Odom and beg Walton to finish around the rim. Good luck to everybody in the blogger olympics and may the newest blogger win (if I win, I swear I will start my victory post with "First I need to thank God and my family ...").

6 comments:

Joel and Leslie said...

a 24 point lead????? I think they need to do a little more than just finish around the rim. Like maybe not let Peirce beat you to the right with 20 seconds left. Or telling Gasol to go help rather than standing around looking shocked that Pierce is driving to the basket, or just sticking Kobe on Pearce. Yes I am trying to see how many ways I can spell Pears.

Joel and Leslie said...

And secondly, I will not be linking your blog to mine until after the competition just so that people will have to think about making the extra click if they want to comment on yours.

Jed said...

I really liked how Kobe played crappy defense in the second half as well. Actually if they would have finished a couple of shots at the rim the celtics would probaly have had to back off their defensive rotations that made the Lakes wet themselves. This in turn would have opened passing and driving lanes. The fourth quarter reminded me of game one where it looked like the celtics were everywhere on he defensive end.
Jed

Jenn said...

I am glad your Lakers have made it to the finals. However I am praying that they stop screwing it up seeing as you are no fun to be around when they lose a season game let alone a "Finals" game.

Tim Scarbrough said...

As a Kings fan I'm certain that the only reason why the Lakers are now losing is because there has been recent pressure placed on the referees to call the games fairly.

Unknown said...

If you like competition, then you're in the right church!