Thursday, June 19, 2008

Nominate

I was watching a show with my wife last night when I realized that I dressed quite a bit like the dorky guy in the show. I pointed this out to Jennifer and instead of reassuring me about my style choices she whole heartedly agreed. Unfortunately most of my style sense was formed by a private school dress code. Jennifer has tried, and succeeded to some extent, to change the way I dress, but I suspect I need radical help. There is a show called What not to Wear, I have never actually seen it, but apparently they do style makeovers on people. To get on the show you need to be secretly nominated by someone. So why don't you click on the link and nominate me (but you cannot tell me you did so), because I may have already nominated you.
In fact I think it would be funny to nominate various people for different reality shows. Who wouldn't want to see Joel and Leslie on Wife Swap or Mike on Survivor?

FYI: I am not really all that worried about how I dress. I think I look fine most of the time, although I will admit to the occasional fashion faux pas. For instance a few weeks ago I tried wearing hats. I wore one to the office and when I left work two hours later with Jennifer to go to Tessa's kindergarten graduation I was informed the hat had to go. I haven't worn it since.

What not to Wear

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jotted, Edited and Disseminated- in response to your fashion worries- The best thing to do is let your wife set out what you will wear every day.. Case in point- she would not have set out the infamous "hat". Think of how many people saw you w/ the hat on thinking, look at that poor single man, he obviously doesn't have a woman at home..

Tim Scarbrough said...

If you nominate me, nominate me for Intervention.

Jed said...

Done, I just need to know which /what addictions you want listed. I vote caffeine and maybe crocheting?

Unknown said...

On "What Not to Wear," I've asked for awhile to be nominated. Maybe we can be nominated together? We could do a reveal at Bridge! See our new looks, and promote what Bridge is about at the same time? Could work!

About the hat, the big question is, who put the kabosh on the hat - Jenn or Tessa?

Joel and Leslie said...

Jed, i have just selected you as the first participant on "What Not To Wear: Mike and Joel Edition." I will dedicate my next window washing job if you let me and Mike take you shopping and dress you for a week.

Jenn said...

Joel, apparently you think you don't need any assistance in the fashion department. I wouldn't let you dress my husband if you came out of the closet tomorrow.

Joel and Leslie said...

Actually Jenn, what Leslie will never tell anyone, but privately told me was that one of the reasons she married me was because of my great sense of style.

It's actually ahead of its time.

Tim Scarbrough said...

Joel, if you want to come out the closet, that's fine with me. God loves everybody.

Joel and Leslie said...

Yeah....sorry to say, hon...I don't know if socks with sandals in the Redding heat will EVER come back in style (if it ever was). I must have said it looked okay when we were dating. You know how that goes...=) By the way, Jed, you should really dvr "What Not to Wear" now that basketball is over. It's one of my favorites.

Leslie

Anonymous said...

Does Jed Blog any more??? - Mike

Joel and Leslie said...

I second the motion....Jed should blog!

Leslie

Joel and Leslie said...

Jed, hurry up and blog.