Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day

Another Father's Day has come and gone. It's a weird day for me in some ways, my parents divorced when I was pretty young and my dad moved out of state. This meant that I never personally celebrated Father's Day until I had kids. I still don't really know what to expect each year when this day rolls around.

I found out what my Father's Day gift was this morning when Tessa told me the shoes I had on for church weren't cool and that I should wear my new sandals. She quickly told me I had to forget what she had just said. When I assured her I had already forgotten she got annoyed and wanted to know how I could forget what she had just said. A little FYI for everybody, don't tell Tessa about presents unless you want the recipient to find out what they are early. She gets way to excited and always slips up and tells. The new sandals were sweet because I destroyed my old ones last Sunday at church while walking to the nursery to pick up Isabella (about twelve people last week commented about me not having shoes on after church). Luckily I was able to wear my new cool sandals, and look good on Father's Day.

It was a good day overall. Joel preached a good sermon (I really have to remember to bring paper so I can take notes). Then after the service I was put in charge of the grilling at the church BBQ and was able to turnout some fairly yummy food. Joel is also owed an apology. When Mike and I found out that Joel hadn't marinated the tri-tip or brought any spices besides BBQ sauce we gave him a bad time about it. I admit I was completely wrong. The BBQ sauce was delicious and the meat could not have tasted better. Tricia's turkey dogs were apparently really tasty, we were barely able to save one for her to eat, and I had to turn down multiple requests for more of them. Later in the day we went to my in-laws and had some fish my father-in-law had caught. I then fixed their gas grill by replacing the burner (I spent a good portion of my day involved with a gas grill in one form or another). After that I got to go home and watch the Lakers finals game a had DVRed. I cannot say I enjoyed the game, but I enjoyed the win. They played a lousy game on offense and defense, were torched by the Truth, semi-screwed by the refs and they still managed to put up their highest point total in the Finals so far and win the game.

I hope everybody else out there had as good of a day as I did. Happy Father's day to all the dads. Look forward to the coming week, and add up your point for the blogging Olympics (Jennifer tells me I have 68 which might be enough for the win).

1 comment:

Joel and Leslie said...

Apology accepted Jed. We can just add 5 more metro points to Mike's score for wanting some fancy marinade. Thanks for doing the meat.