Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Ramble

Sources close to me have indicated that is possible that my blog focuses entirely too much on sex, drinking and gambling. In my defense I would like to point out that these are all billion dollar industries (...what do you mean that is not a defense? If that much money is being spent on something it go to be okay, right? Fine, you bunch of Puritans). Truly, I thought my writings on theses subjects either gave friends a chance to gather so I could take their money or were humorous. The reality was that some of them weren't as funny as I thought and apparently gathering friends together for the sex thing was to awkward.

So I am left with a conundrum: what should I write about? I don't want to do a "mommy blog", my wife already does that, and it would be bad form to steal her stories even if she says she would be okay with it (also I am a guy, and I don't particularly want to do a mommy blog). I could blog about my office, but patient confidentiality and a respect for my patients means that I should not and will not write any stories involving office events. What's left to write about? Minutia! I have decide to fill my blog with the mundane events of my life that don't involve family or work (sex, booze and gambling will still make appearance, just not to often).

Still reading? You might need a hobby. Why don't you go back and count all of the commas I used and decide if they were used in a grammatically correct fashion.

3 comments:

Tim Scarbrough said...

"my blog focuses entirely too much on sex, drinking and gambling"
These are all the reasons I read your blog. And hey, just so you know... the Bible covers these same topics. :)

Joel and Leslie said...

Tim, just so you know the Bible doesn't talk about sex, that is evil. Song of Solomon is strictly a commentary on God's love for us.....right? Right?

Oh and Jed, you used 7 commas. Now I have to go back to my Bible study on the evil's of dancing, tattoos, myspace, and Viking football.

Jed said...

Tim: thanks for the support, more sex and booze are on their way.

Joel: But were the commas grammatically correct?